Friday, April 8, 2011

Shake, rattle, and roll (again) Another big earthquake/aftershock

Last night at around 11 PM there was a fairly large (and long!) earthquake/aftershock. In Narashino, what made it unique from the hundreds of others that we've experienced since March 11 was its length. In Miyagi prefecture at the epicenter, it was registered at a 7.2 magnitude. According to the news, three died from last night's quake (of course not in Narashino). If you had asked me on March 11, I don't think I would've believed it possible but I've become all too accustomed to these quakes. I was half asleep when last night's hit, and I didn't even get out of bed.

Aside from the geological report, I thought I would mention today's strange weather. The crazy kaze here in Narashino today was an incredibly strong and relentless Mary Poppins gale; it turned the land surrounding 第一中中学校 into a dustbowl (School 1 is a wonderful junior high school here in Narashino that now lies in the middle of a major construction site).

I'll let the Fishmans give you the extended forecast:

No comments:

Post a Comment